My friend Jiun taught me about favorites. She was the cook (tenzo) at a Zen Center in the...
For the past two years I’ve surveyed people about their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the skills...
The Parable A senior monk and a young monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to...
Many years ago I worked with an art therapist named Christine at a state psychiatric hospital. I still remember...
The meditation teacher Eknath Easwaren talks about how people have energy only when it comes to things they like...
A friend of mine recently visited her mother in a nursing home. But her mother didn’t recognize her. Her...
Recommended for You
- Commitment Is Not About Time — There’s Something More Important March 18, 2019
- What To Do When You Slip (Resolutions & Goals) February 27, 2019
- Are You Disappointed with Your Progress? February 14, 2019
- How Purpose Helps with Pain February 7, 2019
- Saying Thanks is not the Same Thing as Expressing Gratitude January 28, 2019
Shunryu Suzuki Roshi
I don't know anything about consciousness. I just try to teach my students how to hear the birds sing.
Thirty Thousand Days
Rated 5 out of 5by Mitsuo Ao
Rated 5 out of 5by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.
How To Live Well: Secrets of Using Neurosis
Rated 5 out of 5by Henry Kahn, M.D.
Naikan: Gratitude, Grace and the Japanese Art of Self-Reflection
Rated 5 out of 5by Rabbi Rami Shapiro, author of Proverbs, the Wisdom of Solomon